I didn't see this until now, but there's a service for the AS3935 already
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/as3935>, but looks like it's for one
that's attached to the same Raspberry Pi system weewx is installed to. May
not help much right now, but could offer insight on how to do the service
part if you figure out how to get your data.