On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 4:30:43 PM UTC-4, G Hammer wrote:

> I have been having fairly steady rain here and see this come up in the
> logs.
> Aug 13 15:48:32 PlexSrv weewx[14290]: interceptor: MainThread: skipping
> rain measurement of 0.03: no last rain
>
> Once this happens, the rain total is off for further periods.
> For example, once I saw the 0.03 skipped entry here, the rainfall amount
> stayed at 0.03
> Ambient and WU both have a higher amount recorded.
>
> I'll look at this again later as another rain shower hits and see if the
> total changes and is correct compared to Ambient and WU.

what kind of weather station is this?

do you ever see this other than when weewx starts up?

please be more specific about "the rain total is off for further periods".

the rain values in weewx are delta measurements, but most hardware reports
rain totals.  so any driver must have two data points before it can report
a value for rain delta.

the message "skipping rain measurement...: no last rain" indicates that the
driver got a non-zero value for the rain total, but since it had no
previous value it cannot calculate a rain delta.

the message lets you know that some rain data might have been missed.

(btw, one utility function that might be useful for driver developers would
be to get the last rain total from the database, if one exists.  then we
could use that value instead of just saying "no last value".  almost every
driver has to deal with this for rain or any other delta observations.)

if the weewx rain totals do not agree with a canonical reference, you can
fix your rain counts by manually adding values to the weewx database