Thomas,

Can I make a request that the Rsync block in the initially default
weewx.conf file be updated (for the next version) to include the following
lines (which are included in the default weewx.conf FTP block but not the
default weewx.conf RSYNC block):

        # To upload files from something other than what HTML_ROOT is set
        # to above, specify a different HTML_ROOT here.
        #HTML_ROOT = public_html

It may be obvious to others, but it wasn't to me initially, that you need
to specify that variable in the block to upload files generated by a
specific skin. If you don't add an explicit HTML_ROOT definition in that
block, the default HTML_ROOT definition from the beginning of weewx.conf is
used.

By the way, I've gotten my external website set up and working great using
Rsync to feed my weewx output files there. Thanks to everyone for weewx
help and to you, in particular, for the terrific weewx software!!

phil