THANKS for WeeWX and interceptor!!!

I have Interceptor working with a WS-1400-IP(WS2600) in listen mode.
When I change to sniff mode it fails to run.
Low priority, I have something that works! (but I want to use sniff mode
because yaddayaddayadda)

A snippet from weewx.conf below shows an example of the many things I have
tried.
    # The driver to use:
    driver = user.interceptor

    # Specify the hardware device to capture.  Options include:
    #   acurite-bridge - acurite internet bridge
    #   observer - fine offset WH2600/HP1000/HP1003, aka 'observer'
    #   lw30x - oregon scientific LW301/LW302
    #   lacrosse-bridge - lacrosse GW1000U/C84612 internet bridge
    device_type = observer
    port = 8099
###    mode = sniff
###    iface = eth0
###    pcap_filter = src 10.10.100.72 and dst port 80
---END of snippet---------------------------

Output from raw run of interceptor.py
root@H370:/home/weewx# PYTHONPATH=bin python bin/user/interceptor.py
--device=observer --mode=sniff --iface=tap1 --filter="src 10.10.100.3 and
dst port 8099"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/user/interceptor.py", line 2124, in <module>
    address=options.addr, port=options.port)
  File "bin/user/interceptor.py", line 932, in __init__
    Observer.Parser(), handler=Observer.Handler, **stn_dict)
  File "bin/user/interceptor.py", line 278, in __init__
    iface, pcap_filter, promiscuous)
  File "bin/user/interceptor.py", line 307, in __init__
    self.packet_sniffer = pcap.pcapObject()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'pcapObject'
---END of output from interceptor.py---

I gaggled and ducked for solutions without much luck.
Few results involving 'pcapObject', I applied suggestions with hammer and
did not change results in positive way.
I'm running Slackware 14.2-->upgraded to current as of OCT 1st
I'm running linux-4.19 kernel
Python 2.7 installed
weewx-3.8.2

I tried many combinations of --iface (eth0,br0,tap[x])and --filter (depends
on how I set iptables on non host router on same LAN segment)
I tried many flavors of iptables rules. (nat -mangle and/or -tee)
I comment out "port = 8099" when I try to sniff with WeeWX BTW.

I obviously 'think' I know what I'm doing with everything except the python
troubleshooting.
My kernel is hand configured by me, in support of that tidbit, everything
else network related works 'as advertised' :)
I verified firewall(DD-WRT) rules by running wireshark on host running
weewx.
I verified firewall(DD-WRT) rules by running wireshark on host running
weewx.
I can produce the expected layer 2 and/or 3 packets to the host running
WeeWX.
It may have nothing to do with WeeWX, I have discovered other "features"
running Slackware (since '95).
I'm open to suggestions for things to try including upgrading or
downgrading modules and/or patching interceptor.py
(I'm not a py newb but brain query returns "that data is stale and the
buffer got flushed, reloading")
I'm willing to run tests and post results.
I don't lack direction but I lack the direction for quick sucessful self
help in this instance.
:)

Now for my tangent idea in 2 parts:

Part1;
A US$20.00 USB RTL-SDR and a PC running rtl_433 can decode packets from a
433 or 915 MHz weatherstation.
There are also ethernet flavors of SDR but they are NOT U$20.00 a copy.
There are already rtl_433 modules written for a few weatherstation sensors
to produce output that looks similar to weewx in the foreground.

A partial list of answers to the question "WHY?".
  An RTL_SDR has flexible antenna options potentially extending range a
looooong way.
  WeeWX users could POTENTIALLY mix and match a variety of sensors from
other vendors.
  Any PC and an SDR could allow to use neighbors sensors for free! (or work
as backup/etc)
  (For example I have a 915MHz WS2600 but I also have a bunch of 433MHz
temperature/humidity sensors.)
  An SDR might/could also function as a LIGHTNING and/or Solar storm
detector.
  Some strange netizen thinks it's a good idea!

That project is located
https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433

Part2;
You have demonstrated posession of details on lots of output from lots of
different WX sensors.
The folks @ rtl_433 claim to want that type of data to add/fix things.

Their solicitation for data is in the following document
https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/blob/master/README.md
That leads to
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rtl_433

They might have answers you might seek.
They definately could use help with formatting of recieved WX data.
rtl_433 captures the W2600 RF packets but fails to format and output all
data contained within because they are ignorant of what is there.
If you have condensed sensor format info, you could contribute what you
have and help expand the list of supported sensor*s.*

If you do contribute to that project(in your spare time!) I promise to
petition the internet to make you 'internet king for a day!'
I also plan on posting a link to this post over there so they know to
explore what you have documented.

Summary of tangent parts 1 & 2.
They almost have a working weatherstation RX that would add value WeeWX.
They have a partially working(from WeeWX perspective) prototype that's sooo
close!
Are the 2 projects brothers from a different mother???

THX again for WeeWX and THX in advance for any potential actions performed
as a result of this post!
:)