Not 100% sure where this belongs but here goes;

My home MQTT broker stopped yesterday around 1am. It's been nearly 36hrs
until I've been in a position to restart it, but when I did Weewx appeared
to start feeding it the real-time data from the point in time that the
broker stopped in some sort of catch-up mode. Watching the Poblabs skin
reporting the time of each update it was going to be quite some time before
it caught up and I was back in today :)

A reboot of Weewx solved the issue but I'm not sure if there is a timeout
that can be applied when MQTT stops trying to send data to a dead broker?
Is that even a sensible thing to do?

Cheers
Colin