Hi,

I can 100% assure you that weewx isn't running when the HUP happens. The
cron for that is a standard tiny script that checks first to make sure it's
not running before it restarts it.

#!/bin/bash

ps auxw | grep weewxd | grep -v grep > /dev/null

if [ $? != 0 ]
then
        sudo systemctl restart weewx
fi

If you look at the first log, it's pulling down 3 or 4 entries a second, it
then hangs and weewx abends. You then see the cron realising it's stopped
and restarting it. If I don't have the cron restarting weewx then it will
literally just stop after the last entry (like this one in the second
paste) and I get nothing after it because weewx is literally not running.

Dec  1 10:33:26 raspberrypi weewx[21612]: manager: Added record 2017-03-15
11:43:43 GMT (1489578223) to daily summary in 'weewx.sdb'

So I can stop the cron, sure, but all it means is that it starts as show,
it takes down a few hours of the backlog and then weewx literally exits
with no info.

Does that better explain?

Thanks