On Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 5:42:59 PM UTC-8, Steve2Q wrote:

> I had the pi run for almost 22 days this time before it stopped. As
> previously noted, I was finally able to create a cron to run Top once
> daily. I am including the first one, another about midway through, and the
> last two. The only thing of note that I see is the sudden big jump in
> memory usage by weewxd according to top. Besides Weewx itself, the only
> other thing running on the pi is the cron.

The data sure shows weewxd growing in resident memory, but I cannot explain
how you're the only user in the hundreds (at least) of people running weewx
on a raspi that this is happening to, and happening over-and-over again.
 Other folks run vanilla weewx on smaller systems like the original pi-zero
(including me) for months and months with no issues.

I can only assume (wild guess) that you have 'something' other than
bare-minimum weewx installed.  Some skin or extension or something, or
alternately you're running a non-standard kernel or library or something.
Really really odd.

Again, the only way to baseline the system is install weewx 'only' with no
customizations on top of 'unmodified' Raspbian.   If that's what your setup
was, then I have no idea what your next steps would be.