> Pat - I'm not quite seeing what changes you're suggesting, but that might
just be my old eyes and non-cooperating fonts in the browser here.   I'm
not aware that weewx cares about indentation if that's what you changed
(guess I need either more or less coffee, uncertain which:-)

I'm with you. After I clicked Post I had a "oh man I kinda just repeated
what was in his question". I also added the "name = windSpeed_mph"....
Anyways, I didn't want to delete my message in hope that MAYBE it helped
out. Here's hoping?