Hey Bob,

There is no change, but it confirms that
1.) we are working on the same page (the change has propagated to godaddy)
2.) The [[SummaryByMonth]] and [[SummaryByYear]] sections aren't being
picked up and filled. If weewx couldn't find them, it would complain
with an error - at least it does here. It's odd that they aren't being
substituted as I believe your locations are correct - see below.

I assume you are running as root, in which case it doesn't matter what
the permissions on the NOAA directories are. FWIW The Directory is
0744, the files are 0644

Regarding your syslog output. I'm not familiar with public_html as the
web directory. I assume it gets remapped by apache2(?) and that's when
it becomes /weewx/ as ftpuploads refers to it.
eg:- ftpupload: Uploaded file /weewx/NOAA/NOAA-2019-02.txt
Are you using apache? Are you rewriting the Directory?

It might pay to use wee_debug to sanitise your weewx.conf file. Double
check the output is cleaned of anything private, then post the
contents here.
http://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_debug_utility

Regarding weewx.conf values...

Mine runs with
WEEWX_ROOT = /
SKIN_ROOT = /home/weewx/skins
HTML_ROOT = /var/www/html/weewx

Yours is
WEEWX_ROOT = /home/weewx  (I assume this otherwise the following
values won't expand out)
and you supplied these previously
SKIN_ROOT = skins
HTML_ROOT = public_html
and that's pretty much a setup.py install

Which means that your NOAA files should reside in
/home/weewx/public_html/NOAA
eg:- /home/weewx/public_html/NOAA/NOAA-2019-02.txt

>From there CheetahGenerator should be able to find them and use them
in the index template.

Nope, I'm out of ideas.

Regarding WX-HWS. I'm running your template with that section
basically commented out (sort of, I have stubs in place)
You could try commenting out that whole section, or at least the
HTML_ROOT = /home/weewx/public_html/hws entries for a couple of runs.
Not sure if it will make any difference but we're at that stage.

Replace cheetah the application or weewx/cheetahgenerator.py ?
You could try reinstalling cheetah, It shouldn't mess with anything.
You could replace the  weewx/cheetahgenerator.py file with a fresh
copy from the source package without any issue.  As an aside, I'm
running weewx v3.8.0