It is more than likely a result of multiplying a loop value to get an
hourly value.  Best 'solution' is to NOT use loop Hi/Lo for daily data by
setting weewx.conf accordingly.  An alternative (or as well) is to use
software preferred for rain rate and let weewx calculate the rate using its
sliding window.