John,

What kind of weather station? Most of the drivers either use a timeout, or
a separate thread to detect an unresponsive station. It would help if we
knew what kind of station you have.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:46 AM Liz <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

> I've set up a cron job looking for failure, and it is to restart weeWx if
> necessary. I'm not sure if it has been triggered, but occasionally the
> Davis stops talking to the USB bus, and a restart of weeWx  helps.
> Liz

I really discourage this approach. WeeWX should not crash --- if it does,
it's a bug. I've had instances run for two years or more at a time. If your
Vantage stops talking to the bus, it should cause a timeout, and WeeWX will
recover. If this happens again, I would greatly appreciate seeing the log.

I would much rather engineer out any glitch, rather than paper it over!

-tk