Damian,

It's really strange that there is no mention of debug = 1 in the log.
Normally, when debug = 1 is actually working, the log mentions it.  :-/

We know you are using /etc/weewx/weewx.conf, because it's there in the "ps -ef"
output.

Another thing that is strange is while we can see that the weewxd process was
started at 18:50 local time, it has used only 00:00:00 cpu time.  It seems as
if something has stopped the process from executing further.   Or that it is
blocked, waiting on some kind of input.

If nothing else, maybe gdb could offer some clues?

See here:

https://medium.com/python-pandemonium/debugging-an-inactive-python-process-2b11f88730c7

Meanwhile, perhaps consider upgrading to 1.3.9-1 (from your 1.3.8) and try
again?

Regards,
Leon
--
Leon Shaner :: Dearborn, Michigan (iPad Pro)