Hi,

I have the WS3080 and I have every couple of days the issue with the Lockup
and not retreiving any data anymore.

Therefore I have followed the procedure of this page
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/FineOffset-USB-lockup and bought the
DLINK 7 Port Hub.

After connecting the Hub I was running lsusb:

pi@weewx:/etc/weewx $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1941:8021 Dream Link WH1080 Weather Station / USB
Missile Launcher
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2001:f103 D-Link Corp. DUB-H7 7-port USB 2.0 hub

So the DLINK USB Hub is on 001:003

then I have downloaded usb_control and where running a scan:

pi@weewx:~ $ sudo python usb_control-0.7rc3.py --scan
device at :unknown
  id: 2001:f103
  class: hub
  manufacturer: unknown
  product: unknown
  num_ports: 7
  power_switching: individual
  indicator_support: none
  port 1: 0000.0100 power
  port 2: 0000.0100 power
  port 3: 0000.0100 power
  port 4: 0000.0303 lowspeed power enable connect
  port 5: 0000.0100 power
  port 6: 0000.0100 power
  port 7: 0000.0100 power

Here we can see again the USB Hub and also that the Weatherstation is
connected to Port 4.

When running the following command nothing will happen.

pi@weewx:~ $ sudo python usb_control-0.7rc3.py --hub 001:002 --port 4
--power 0
looking for 001:002
no match for '1941:8021' at ''
no match for '2001:f103' at ''
no match for '1d6b:0002' at ''
001:002 not found

When running this command, I can turn off and on the Power of the
Weatherstation:

pi@weewx:~ $ sudo python usb_control-0.7rc3.py --hub 2001:f103 --port 4
--power 0
looking for 2001:f103
no match for '1941:8021' at ''
found match for '2001:f103' at ''
no match for '1d6b:0002' at ''

this it the weewx.conf:

[FineOffsetUSB]
    # This section is for the Fine Offset series of weather stations.

    # The station model, e.g., WH1080, WS1090, WS2080, WH3081
    model = WS3080

    # How often to poll the station for data, in seconds
    polling_interval = 60
    polling_mode = PERIODIC

    #power_cycle_hub = 2001:f103
    power_cycle_hub = 001:002
    power_cycle_port = 4

    # The driver to use:
    driver = weewx.drivers.fousb

Regardless if I use 001:002 or 2001:f103 weewx will not powercycle the
Weatherstation.

Any ideas?

I am using the latest stable weewx version.

Br,
Johannes