Without the base station? I did that for a couple years with the Vantage
Vue using a 3DR radio.

If that is what you are trying to do, wxforum has an extensive thread
titled "Implementing a Si1000 based wireless receiver for Davis ISS data"
that I used to get it running.

When the Vue no longer report accurately I ordered the Pro with the base
station.