In addition to this, weewx may not always send to MQTT every 2.5 seconds.
This MQTT publish interval is based on your weather station hardware and
how often weewx gets data from it. This is called the LOOP.

Some LOOPS are every 20 seconds. As a result weewx's MQTT message will be
every 20 seconds.

Some LOOPs can be 60 seconds, so MQTT will only get a message every 60
seconds.

And so on, dependent on the LOOP interval.

With that said, Tom has weewx running on a Raspberry Pi and it has pretty
good uptime. 4 years 7 months and counting
<http://www.threefools.org/weewx/status/index.html>.