If there is a memory leak in the wmr300 driver, it might be my fault, so I
suppose I should look into it.

There is a thread from maybe a year ago where WRM300s and 200s were
reportedly hanging Pi's but it seemed to be related to kernel version, so I
had assumed it was a kernel driver issue that was triggered by something
specific to the WMR code.

The loop interval is rather erratic - individual items report at different
intervals, some per second-ish and others much longer.  Occasionally there
are really long gaps that I've never tied down to a reason.

I just checked my running weewx, on Debian stretch on an Intel box. After
20 days uptime, top reported the RES was 220MiB and VIRT was about 450MiB.

I restarted weewx, and after a couple of hours the RES was 45MiB and VIRT
260MiB.

My RES value is not incrementing slowly, but completely stable and then
jumping occasionally by 300kiB.  I'll put a timer on it when I'm a bit more
awake.

I just noticed it drop then by 450kiB - presumably normal garbage
collection.

Cameron.