Good afternoon, I hope everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend!

I have a custom data source that I wrote a driver for, and have recently
changed it from pulling data when the archive packet is created, to when
the loop packet is received.  This is working well, and everything is
pulling correctly, but now I have an issue with the creation of the archive
packet.  Previously, the device that I received the data from performed the
aggregation, but now it is producing much more frequent information, and
the driver/weewx service needs to handle the aggregation.

Several of my data sources are similar to 'rain' where I want to count the
total of something used or collected, and it looks like the archive packet
is created using the average.  Based on the documentation, I need to
implement genArchiveRecords() for these to specify how the data is
aggregated, but I can't find any example code of how this is done.  Could
you please point me in the correct direction for modifying this, or to a
driver with some example code that I can modify for my needs?

If this is more fitting for the development group, please move it there.

Many thanks,

Thomas