I'd suggest the quickest way to work this one, rather than digging into the
internals of Belchertown or waiting for Pat to see this thread, might be to
run the good'ol Standard report once and see what 'it' reports for the YTD
rain.  Compare your NOAA reports.

My belchertown and standard skins report the same thing for YTD here, using
their NOAA report totals.

Another thing to look at is whether your rain year starts on other than
Jan-1st.   Here near Seattle it's rainy in oct-nov-dec so my Standard skin
YTD is far higher than the Jan-1-to-now total, but the NOAA numbers line up
exactly for me.