On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 4:08:04 PM UTC-7, Hyrules Hyrules wrote:

>  Thanks but no. I`ve already went though all the documentation of weewx
> and some stuff is not really documented. For example : I have a Davis
> Vantage Pro 2 and the stormRain variable is proper to that station. So is
> the stormStart but I cannot get it to work if I use $current.stormStart the
> generator output ?'stormStart'? so either i'm not using it properly or
> there is a bug in the driver. The station has also a forecast variable
> which is forecastIcon but I have to guess the values of the forecast
> because it is a float number.

I think you might have to actually work a little more unfortunately.

Is the value you're looking for in the  archive table schema ?   Is it in
the LOOP schema ?   What does your driver sources say ? The code always
wins.

A quick read of vantage.py says it's in the LOOP packet but not in the
archive packet, so you need to tweak your config files a bit.  Do a google
search of the group archives for "Vantage stormStart".  There are a few
threads for that one in particular.

Do some more digging.  The previous threads have the gory details.