This is the correct behavior. As the title says, the aggregate values are
the aggregate *for today*, that is, *since midnight,* not for 24 hours.

If you want 24 hours, you will have to use a search list extension. There
is an example of how to write one in the section *Extending the list
<http://www.weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#extending_the_list>* in the
Customizing Guide.

Same for other time periods (month, year, etc.)

-tk