thank you all, I got it working in a couple of ways; i. use in-built
alarm.py ii. install extension crt: Cumulus Real-Time to get real-time data
and parse it with a bash script. I am sharing here my work (could be useful
for some noob like me!).

My earlier post got deleted where I did share my bash script and
installation guidelines