To properly display $day.maxSolarRad.xxx tags will require you to add the
field maxSolarRad to your database schema. maxSolarRad is a derived
observation that is calculated by WeeWX and added to loop packets and
archive records. The current maxSolarRad value (ie $current.maxSolarRad)
can be displayed without any change to the schema, but aggregates or plots
require WeeWX to be archiving the underlying data. If you want to go ahead
and add maxSolarRad to the database schema refer to the Adding a new type
to the database <http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm#add_archive_type>
section of the Customization Guide <http://weewx.com/docs/customizing.htm>.

As for the other issue with the missing forecast data I don't use the
Exfoliation skin nor do I use the NWS forecast so it's going to take a
little time before I can provide any assistance there.

Gary