No reason to upgrade unless you need the functionality of the newer
versions. I have a station
<https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KORHOODR8> that is still
running v2.6.2!

However, the Python consortium will no longer support Python 2.x as of 1
January 2020. I suspect operating system providers will begin dropping it
from their distributions soon after. So, there will be a reason to upgrade
to V4 sometime next year.

-tk