Hi Gabor

Thanks for your help.
I just came in from outside after tipping about a 1 ml of water into my
rain gauge as an experiment.

I wanted to see what my test bed weewx would report. On the rpi it shows
6.1 mm and on my old linux notebook it showed the identical 6.1 mm rain...a
fail once again..

Considering that my weather station is 3m above the ground, I taped a
measuring cup onto a long pole and tipped the water in.

You mentioned that there was a possibility of an extended rain event that
might alter the rain data so I checked out one of my weather templates.
Charting is done by WU:

[image: Capture.PNG]

Note on the chart that rain is 1 ml and rain rate is 6.1 mm.
Could it be that weewx is reporting *rain rate* instead of *daily rain*?

[image: weewx capture.PNG]
We can  assume WU is correct because it corresponds to what my weather
station display console is showing.

Here is the ATMOCOM driver in weewx_conf:

AtmocomUDP]
    driver = user.atmocomudp
    udp_address = 0.0.0.0
    udp_port = 12000
    udp_timeout = 90
    share_socket = True
    station_units = weewx.US
    log_raw_packets = False

    [[sensor_map]]
        outTemp = tempf.ITEHKUMM2
        outHumidity = humidity.ITEHKUMM2
        UV = UV.ITEHKUMM2
        radiation = solarradiation.ITEHKUMM2
        *rain = rainindelta.ITEHKUMM2*
        windDir = winddir.ITEHKUMM2
        pressure = absbaromin.ITEHKUMM2
        windSpeed = windspeedmph.ITEHKUMM2
        inHumidity = indoorhumidity.ITEHKUMM2
        inTemp = indoortempf.ITEHKUMM2
        windGust = windgustmph.ITEHKUMM2

Unfortunately when I try to enable log raw packets weewx crashes so I can't
determine the correct header for daily rain or total rain.

---