Thanks to everone who commented and esp Pat,  I cleared browser cache,
restarted weewx and closes browser page and reopened and now looks great,
as I wanted.
This  [[roseplt]]  was on the graph doc page so I copy/pasted it to
graph.conf, Don't know why but removing it cured the [homepage] deal.

Thanks so much.  Now back to original thing, I can remove some more columns
which was the goal.  Now if I can just get the rain gauge to stop sending
spurious rain fall.