The driver is simply incorrect for rain.

I have it fixed in my fork, but you would need to be running WeeWX 4 to use it.

https://github.com/chaunceygardiner/weewx-ip100

If you aren’t running WeeWX 4 (to be released real soon now), but you feel
comfortable coding, you could back port the rain changes.  The changes might be
more easily discovered if you look at the pull request I sent to Matthew at:

https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-ip100/pull/2/files

Cheers,
John