On Saturday, May 2, 2020 at 8:50:45 AM UTC-7, Bob Grattan wrote:

> 1.  An easy way to modify weewx.sdb when I need to modify the rain amount.
> I have used DB Browser (SQLite) in the past but am not certain this is the
> easiest. If possible, I want to avoid the SQL search/modify mode as my
> skills are limited.
>
> 2. Once the "rain" amount in weewx.sdb is modified, how do I get the
> system to incorporate the new total in the various displays such as for
> month and year? In wview I was able to erase certain indexes and they were
> recreated using the new values from the db; however, I'm not sure how this
> works in weewx.

See https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Cleaning-up-old-'bad'-data for the
procedure

I would recommend you 'do' use sqlite3 search/modify commands 'and' try to
extend your skills.  The time will be well spent.   It's very
straightforward once you get over the fear/uncertainty hurdle.

Definitely work off of a copy of your weewx database to become comfortable
with the few steps in the procedure.