Interesting, there is a 'Number of wind samples' field in the archive
record emitted by the console/logger but my reading of the vantage driver
is that it is used to calculate rxCheckPercent but otherwise ignored. I
thought the vantage driver passed on almost everything and let the
user/WeeWX decide whether to use it or lose it, apparently not. One for Tom
I suspect.

Gary