I'm very new...been running my weewx 3.9.2 (rpi4) install for about a
month, using the standard wview.schema.  I've been working on adding some
sensors and wanting to extend the schema, then I saw the wview_extended
schema rolling out with 4.0.  It's got everything I wanted to add in the
near future, and if I'm going to add I thought it'd be best to stick to the
naming conventions chosen for 4.0.  I placed a copy of wview_extended.py
from 4.0 in /weewx/schemas and changed the schema in weewx.conf to
schemas.wview_extended.schema as mentioned in this thread.  This is what I
get:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo wee_database /etc/weewx/weewx.conf --reconfigure
Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
Using database binding 'wx_binding', which is bound to database
'archive_sqlite'
New database 'weewx.sdb_new' already exists. Delete it first (y/n)? y
Copying database 'weewx.sdb' to 'weewx.sdb_new'
The new database will use the same unit system as the old ('US').
Are you sure you wish to proceed (y/n)? y
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/wee_database", line 794, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/wee_database", line 156, in main
    reconfigMainDatabase(config_dict, db_binding)
  File "/usr/bin/wee_database", line 336, in reconfigMainDatabase
    new_schema=manager_dict['schema'])
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/manager.py", line 817, in reconfig
    with Manager.open_with_create(new_db_dict, schema=new_schema) as
new_archive:
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/manager.py", line 141, in open_with_create
    dbmanager = cls(connection, table_name=table_name, schema=schema)
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/manager.py", line 82, in __init__
    self._initialize_database(schema)
  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/manager.py", line 175, in
_initialize_database
    _sqltypestr = ', '.join(["`%s` %s" % _type for _type in schema])
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

The _new .sdb file is created but it is empty (I did it again to capture
for this post, that's why it was already there).  I went to the syslog to
capture anything there for this post as well, but there were no entries
from attempting this.  This first time I tried it I stopped weewx first but
left it running when I ran wee_database the 2nd time...result was the same.

Not sure what to do from here...I know just enough about python to have a
general idea of what the problem is but no idea how to digest this and
apply corrective action.  Thanks in advance for any help.

-Michael F.