Hi,

thanks for the pointer. While coding and testing, I use the Simulator to
generate loops and archive records. When I connect my real Vantage Pro to
WeeWX, the error disappears. The station is now providing all the value,
including ET. Simulator is not providing ET, thats for sure now.

When hooking up the Simulator again, I followed your suggestion, and moved
my service completely to the bottom (to be sure), see below. Still no
success, ET is still a KeyError when using the Simulator.

Is there a way to enhance the Simulator with the ET-field (so to speak),
that you know of?

[Engine]

    [[Services]]
        # This section specifies the services that should be run. They are
        # grouped by type, and the order of services within each group
        # determines the order in which the services will be run.
        prep_services = weewx.engine.StdTimeSynch
        process_services = weewx.engine.StdConvert,
weewx.engine.StdCalibrate, weewx.engine.StdQC,
weewx.wxservices.StdWXCalculate
        archive_services = weewx.engine.StdArchive
        restful_services = weewx.restx.StdStationRegistry,
weewx.restx.StdWunderground, weewx.restx.StdPWSweather,
weewx.restx.StdCWOP, weewx.restx.StdWOW, weewx.restx.StdAWEKAS,
user.mqtt.MQTT
        report_services = weewx.engine.StdPrint, weewx.engine.StdReport
        data_services = user.electricity.AddElectricity