Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2020 08:10:45 UTC+2 schrieb Bent Jensen:

> Hi good folks of Weewz.
>
> I have a fantastic setup with weewx, and it is just running unproblematic
> day after day. Rock solid! I'm really pleased with it. Thanks to Tom.
> Thumbs up really.
>
> Well now I'm curious. I'm not really a programmer, but have done a fair
> share on embedded C-programming. But I'm having a bit of a hard time
> starting up on Python. I'm having a hard time understanding and hence using
> Object Oriented Programming. But I really want to try it out sometime.
>
> Well heres my idea of a project, unless it allready exists, then please
> add some pointers, to where the good stuff is, :-)
>
> As said I have a good system running. But I also have a little greenhouse
> in which I have (off-cause) power, water and LAN. But it is situated remote
> to where my weewx server is situated (a intel NUC unit). So I would think
> it could be nice to have temperature sensors in the greenhouse, both some
> in the soil and one to meassure airtemperature. A sensor should meassure
> the light intensity, and maybe a humidity sensor. All sensors should be put
> on a raspi, and  the meassured data should be available in my "master"
> weewx on the NUC server, to be presented nicely on the internet.
>
> Is that even possible?
>
> Remember it is just an idea, it's not a project I am ready to commit to at
> the present time, I'm just asking for ideas, or knowledge on the subject.
>
> Best regards
> Bent Neumann

You can also store your data indepently and let weewx fetch it every
archive interval. For instance, I have solar energy on the roof of my
house, the inverter logs and stores all the data. The inverter has a REST
interface and weewx fetches this data and stores it every archive interval
and plots a nice graph. Sine my wheater station doesn't have radiation
measurement, the amount of solar energy produced lets me guess how the
sunlight conditions are at my place.

https://github.com/mKainzbauer/weewx_extensions/blob/master/fronius.py