On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 3:59:58 AM UTC-7, Mike Thompson wrote:

> My plan would be to move home/weewx across to the new platform and then to
> upgrade to Weewx 4.x, does that sound viable?

Absolutely - should be straightforward.

I've done a very basic test with a spare RPI 1B standalone not connected to
> the weather station. Installed Buster moved home/weewx across, installed
> some misssing python libraries and it came up, so it might be up to it.

The computer doesn't care what it runs.

Has anyone got any experience of  running weewx 4 on RPi 1B with Buster?

I run v4 on a Seagate Dockstar (128 MB RAM - essentially a 2008 PogoPlug)
with a self-compiled python3, as the Debian 8 version on it is ancient.
Runs fine.

This is normal stuff.  You're limited by the hardware capacity, but it'll
work.