This is a very old thread - but it relates to my question - with the
exception of Ubuntu
Raspberry Pi 2 B
Raspbian Stretch
Station: Argent WS1

I have got Apache2 installed, followed the setup and completed the Apache
configuration snippet. I have checked and the various files and directories
are in place, however I do not find the /home/weewx/public_html file.
Since I am not connected to active weather instruments at this time, could
it be that this file will not be created until the weewx program receives
data -
the http://localhost/weewx  gives me a 404 page not found error.

TIA