Interesting, it fails for me too in Firefox. It could be the version of the
MQTT Websocket library you're using in 1.1. In 1.2 there are some updates
to the MQTT websockets code.

My site - belchertownweather.com - is using the latest development 1.2
release candidate
<https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown/tree/development> and it
works for me in Firefox. Give the development version a try - note 1.2 is
focused on using Aeris Weather as a forecast provider, however DarkSky is
supported. Please read the readme for the new skin.conf variables to be used
<https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown/blob/development/README.md>
and changelog for all the breaking changes
<https://github.com/poblabs/weewx-belchertown/blob/development/changelog>
so far in this upgrade.