I installed the gw1000 driver, using

sudo  wee_extension --install=/var/tmp/gw1000-0.1.0b10.tar.gz

and edited weewx.conf  [[Services]] to read

 data_services = user.bme280wx.Bme280wx, user.gw1000.Gw1000Service

but this broke the generation of reports. Editing back to

 data_services = user.bme280wx.Bme280wx

fixed this. What went wrong? I don't have a gw1000 gateway running yet.
Thanks again.