On 22/09/2020, 'karlch...@googlemail.com' via weewx-user
<weewx-user@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> i know mesowx is quite dead... but we use the python script to update our
> archive on the server. After a crash of our Raspberry pi we are unable to
> get the sync_lh9 working again... Weewx starts quite normal till an
> unrecoverable exception. Maybe someone can help us.

Mesowx is still alive, although not at lirpa.

The update at github is current...

https://github.com/glennmckechnie/weewx-mesowx

You'll find a weewx4, python3.x version there that is installable via
wee-extension, but differs in installation method and appearance to
what you no doubt have there.

You can go three ways with the problem you are having:-

1) Install the above maintained and updated package.
The downside to that is that it won't have the look and feel of your
current version, and any tweaks you've introduced to it..
Obviously you'll keep your old configuration as a reference,
especially if you have tweaked anything.

Degree of difficulty:  That should install seamlessly but it's meant
for a fresh install. Retrofitting with your existing setup may make it
more complicated than it should be.

2)  Update your sync_lh9 to run with python3.7 (as @tk has already noted)

Degree of difficulty: Should be a fairly straight forward conversion.
If you're familiar with python then very easy!

The file mesowx.py in the above weewx-mesowx repo at github contains
the code of sync_lh9 (or one of lucs versions) as well as raw.py and
retain.py

Line 477 equates to your line 109.
Start there, compare the code and adjust accordingly.

As I recall, there may have been a change to a weewx import as well.

Ah! Compare mesowx.py Line 749 to your line 381??? (or thereabouts)
for that change in the call to weewx.

3) Manually install the mesowx.py script. Add a corresponding
weewx.conf section with adjusted  entries [Mesowx] [[RemoteSync]] to
suit your setup (examples in the README).

Degree of difficulty: Probably a bit convoluted, but it is another approach.

> Problems with mesowx (also in use till today for our archive)
[...]

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie