Good suggestion from John, and probably the safest.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether to do an *in situ* upgrade.

I can say that we have worked hard on common upgrade paths, and Debian 8 to
9 is one of them.

If you decide to go the upgrade route, remember to upgrade your interceptor
driver as well.

-tk