On Monday, November 30, 2020 at 2:58:31 PM UTC-8 wa4...@gmail.com wrote:

> I saw this today, too.
> For some reason weewx can't contact your GW1000.  Without the GW1000
> connecting weewx won't start.
> Either the wrong IP in weewx.config, or the GW1000 needs to be set up
> (again?) on your WiFi.
> If you haven't already assigned the GW1000 a static IP in your router, now
> is a good time.

Always a good idea to reserve a static address via your router, even if the
computer/station works via DHCP.

Note - the gw1000 will reboot if it fails to reach the Ecowitt servers (or
a NTP server) too often or for too long a period.  They have a couple
watchdog timers in the firmware that can't be turned off.  While it can be
faked on your LAN to prevent this, the gateway will still reboot if you
lose your home wifi for too long, as it thinks lack of connectivity to
Ecowitt means the hardware needs to reboot itself (which is not true of
course, but they do what they do I guess...)