Mark Jenks <mjenks1...@gmail.com> writes:

> Failed connecting to the weather station. Please try again later!
>
> [StdRESTful]
>     [[MQTT]]
>         server_url = mqtt://weather:passwordxxxxx@localhost:1883/
>         topic = "weather/weewx"
>         unit_system = US
>         binding = archive, loop
>         aggregation = aggregate
>
>     [[Belchertown]]
>         skin = Belchertown
>         #        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/html/weewx/belchertown
>         [[[Extras]]]
>             mqtt_websockets_enabled = 1
>             mqtt_websockets_host = "127.0.0.1"
>             mqtt_websockets_port = 1883
>             mqtt_websockets_topic = "weather/weewx/loop"
>
> I see data when I run this, so it's getting populated.
> #mosquitto_sub -h localhost -t weather/weewx/loop

I have not set this up, but I think what you are missing is that 1883 is
MQTT and you need to set up "mqtt over websockets" in mosquitto and
point the skin at that.    And if you are using a browswer on the same
machine as the broker, ok, but really the mqtt_websockets_host needs to
be the global name and reachable.