On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 3:09:29 AM UTC-8 mi...@cougar.eu.com
wrote:

> That sounds interesting, is there some documentation that shows how to
> control where the data goes when running it as a service?

There is - see
https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-gw1000/wiki/Available-config-options

Here's the mapping I use as a driver, FWIW.   Works great.   You'd probably
want to also override the inside temp and inside humidity items to
extraTempN and extraHumidN for your scenario where you want the Ecowitt
items to add to your Davis measurements.  Maybe more items such as the
battery status as I did below.

I'd lean toward disagree with Ian's suggestion to use a secondary db, as
it's not really needed, but there are lots of ways to get there.

I specify the gateway ip address since it's on a different subnet than the
weewx pi.

# Options for 'GW1000'
[GW1000]
    driver = user.gw1000
    ip_address = 192.168.2.20
    port = 45000
    poll_interval = 20

    #--- the defaults map inTemp, inHumidity, outTemp, outHumidity
    #--- and the extraTemp1-8 and soilMostN items automagically
    #--- but we need to add the battery status mappings
    [[field_map_extensions]]
        # outTemp
        outTempBatteryStatus = wh26_batt
        # extraTemp1-8
        batteryStatus1 = wh31_ch1_batt
        batteryStatus2 = wh31_ch2_batt
        # soilMost1 = channel autoselects on first use
        batteryStatus8 = wh51_ch1_batt