Your are right. I looked for "rainrate" but it is "rainRate" (case
sensitive). And "rainRate" is set from the data the WeatherLinkLive device
sends. So it is nothing inside weewx.

On the other hand the huge value in the summeries table (that the topic
started with) did not come out of the device. And it disappeared by the
rebuild of the daily summeries.