@vince
@Tom

Appreciate your support. I solved the problem by adding the following line:

code:
nano ~/.bashrc
export PATH=/home/weewx/bin:$PATH

May I suggest to add this to the section 'Installations using setup.py' of
the Wiki article 'Understanding paths'?
This would certainly help other users as well and offer a solution at the
same time.