Copied the wrong text. Same question still applies.

*WeeWX then compiles these LOOP packets into regularly spaced "archive
records." For most types, the archive record contains the average value
seen in all of the LOOP packets over the archive interval (typically 5
minutes). For extensive types, such as rain, it is the sum of all values
over the archive interval.*