You might want to do a little more thinking and experimentation here and a
lot less complaining.

A reasonable person would read the 'width' section and think along the
lines of:
 - hmmm - looks like I can configure the width of the charts
 - now where are the charts defined in Belchertown ?
 - oh I see, in graphs.conf within the skin directory according to the
QuickStart in the documentation
 - there are a bunch of examples in the docs setting other parameters like
colors etc.
 - I wonder if width works the same way.....
 - so perhaps I might try adding "width = 100%" to the definition of one
chart (say - [[chartA]] in [homepage]) as one test to try to make it full
width
 - and wait the normal 5 minutes to let weewx regenerate the web pages

That person would be likely shocked to see it works.  Positively shocked.