Regarding the Rainwise rain gauge and OWFS.

Yes and No.

It is NOT hooked up directly to the Pi, certainly not for the OWFs driver.
I see there are various HowTos about interfacing a reed switch rain
gauge to a Pi using that method but until you find one that's proven
and tested (bug free), or are willing to do the possible hard yards
yourself then...  ??

With OWFS the raingauge requires a 1-wire counter module to replace
the digital counter - LCD - supplied with it.

The 1-wire counter detects the pulse from a magnet / reed-switch
combination on the bucket arm of the raingauge
If you are up to modifying the internals ( it might even be done
already? I forget) and able to source and configure a 1-wire counter
(maybe 4-5 on a 1-10 complexity scale, depending on your 1-wire
knowledge) then you can use the OWFS driver to get the data.

I use a hobby-boards (that distributor is now defunct) counter. I'm
familiar with that gear and it works well; providing you keep moisture
out of the electronics of course!

There appears to be an alternative available at Sheepwalk Electronics,
the "SWE6 Multifunction I/O Module" which mentions a counter. I have
no idea of its capabilities so you would need to discuss it with them.
You'd also need one of their host adapters if you don't have something
suitable already.

https://www.sheepwalkelectronics.co.uk/

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie