We have seen this error before and it's very misleading. Despite the
message, it can be caused by problems either locally or remotely.

1. Make sure the FTP username has write permissions on the server for the
path you specified.
2. Make sure the password is correct. Does it include special characters?
If so, be sure to quote the password.
3. Does your server require FTPS?
4. Try different variations for the path option for [FTP].

If you are still stuck, post your [FTP] section, but be sure to obfuscate
your password first.

-tk