On Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 6:41:01 PM UTC-8 do...@dougjenkins.com wrote:

> If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get technical, serving your
> website at home can be done safely and securely without changing your
> firewall. There are some steps to do, but at the end it will save you money
> and it will give you some real-world IT experience.

Very cool - thanks for the pointer to the video.  I hadn't previously
figured out the Zero Trust terminology enough to try the tunnel stuff. I'll
have to try the tunnel thing too !!!!

For the original poster, Doug's steps 1-3 are very easy.  I'd previously
done that using Google Domains ($12/year).

Note - you probably still want to possibly harden your weewx webserver a
bit.  There are zillions of bots trying to attack web servers 'especially'
all things WordPress.  If you go just with a vanilla weewx setup you're
likely in very good shape straight out of the box.  Cool cheap option for
sure.