You can also always set up cloudfront to hit the Pi running a webserver as the
origin. Personally, I just run nginx as a reverse proxy to the pi (and skip
paying for CF), which I think is generally good enough as long as you're
comfortable setting up something like let's encrypt and dns pointed at it.

S3 static sites are nice in that you don't have to run an EC2 instance or
configure that, but I've found that they have a bit of a learning curve because
you need to make sure that stuff is shared publicly in the bucket and working
there before you can point cloudfront at it. I think cloudfront also does have
a mode where you skip the S3 static site altogether and just serve files out of
S3, but I haven't tried that approach before.

--Bill