yes - why not calibrate your console first
when you see that the offset between absolute and relative pressure for your location used is wrong, just adjust it 😎
the the first basic step I'd say

even though, when your absolute (=local) pressure reading is correct, and your have the weewx option in weewx.conf set to software, weewx should calculate the proper relative value (taking into account the average temperature of the past 12 hours afaik).

"When calculated by Weewx itself ("software" option enabled in weewx.conf), my weather station shows 1001 hPa - still too low. " - I guess what you want to say is not that your station shows too low a value, but that weewx caluclates too low a value for your station (these are two different things) - your station will continue to show what its reads and what it is calibrated for. Weewx has no feedback to you station.