I found this in the mails from Vince;

is it the good methode ?

[I do it manually via dump and restore using sqlite3...

 * Stop weewx
 * Make a copy of your old and new db and work off those copies
     o cp weewx.sdb  /var/tmp/weewx.new.sdb
     o cp your_old_weewx.sdb /var/tmp/weewx.old.sdb
     o cd /var/tmp
 * Dump your old database's archive table to a file
     o echo ".dump archive" | sqlite3 weewx.old.sdb > old.dump.txt
 * Restore that into your new database
     o "cat old.dump.txt | sqlite3 weewx.new.sdb"
     o (and ignore the 'table already exists' warning)
 * Rebuild your daily summaries
     o rename your production weewx.sdb file to something else
     o copy the weewx.new.sdb built above into place as weewx.sdb in
       the directory weewx expects it in
     o sudo wee_database --rebuild-daily
 * Start weewx]

thanks